Manrub Heart Attack Chicken
Not for the faint of heart!
• 1 Cup of chopped carrots
• 1 cup frozen corn
• ½ cup white onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 Lbs flavored bacon of choice or chorizo – I used jalapeno
• Salt/Pepper to taste
• 7lb whole fryer chicken
• 7lbs unsalted butter (cheap and room temperature)
• 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
Let's Get Started
In skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until it begins to get crispy and add onions. Cook until the onions begin to become translucent and add garlic. Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes, then add the corn. (important) drain liquid and let the stuffing cool completely before stuffing the chicken..
Whip room temperature butter and add chopped parsley. Make sure the butter and parsley are combined thoroughly.
Clean out chicken completely and remove gizzards and neck. Sprinkle with ManRub Jalapeno Whip, follow up with a generous amount of ManRub Chicken Rub.
Add the stuffing to the chicken. Truss the chicken.
Truss chicken directions:
• If you look at the cavity of the chicken, you should see two skin flaps on either side of the cavity, close to the legs.
• Take a sharp paring knife and cut a small slit in the center of each flap, going through the skin. Use your finger if necessary to widen the hole. Your finger should just be able to fit in each slit.
• Next, tuck the end of each leg into the flap on the opposite side. When you’re finished, the legs should be crossed over each other and held tight against the body of the bird.
• Now, grab the wing by the tip, twist it away from you, and fold the tips of the wings behind the back so the weight of the bird holds them in place while everything cooks.
Add the butter. This part can be a bit time consuming, but make sure the entire chicken is covered in butter. Start off with parchment paper on a baking sheet. Don’t be shy and use the whole 7lbs, the thicker the better.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, place chicken in roasting pan and place in the center of the oven. Cook until internal temperature of the breast is 165 degrees.
Get What You Need
✓Keto ✓Paleo ✓Plant Based ✓No Peanuts ✓No GMO ✓No MSG